Everything you need to know about scoring in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
How it Works
Using the Relic Bar
How to Score High
- Collect every jewel
- Kill every enemy
- Keep your relic bar full to maximize points from kills
- Take your time: There is a whole separate Leaderboard for time trials. If you want to get the best score, you have to work your way through a level throughly, and be careful to avoid damage. Don’t rush!
- Pick up diamonds first: All points contribute to charging your relic bar. Jewels always give the same amount. If you pick up jewels first, your bar will be more full when you get your first kill. This also works if you took some damage and are trying to get back in the game.
- Keep a safe distance: Use your dodge to keep yourself a good distance away. If at all possible keep the enemies up-screen to take advantage of the perspective.
- Beware of the Death Nova: All larger enemies will explode when they die. In doing so, they will shoot a spread of explosive projectiles in every direction. Watch out for this! Also, try not to hang out around walls when this happens. If it hits the wall behind you, the splash damage will tap you every time.
Get a good weapon: You need to kill things fast if you want to keep from taking any damage. The best way to do this is with a weapon with a high rate of fire that will also take advantage of the Scatter Shot relic power. The High Power Assault Rifle worked extremely well until I was able to get the Minigun. That’s all you’ll ever need. Well, if you got your hands on a Golden Shotgun…
- Get a good relic: Something with Power Shot and Scatter Shot. I used Golden Arrow of Tezcatlipoca for quite a while. If you can get a relic with Ammo Regen too, then you’ve got it made (see Fist of Tezcatlipoca).