Review: I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1
As an exercise for myself and inspiration, I downloaded a swath of indie games from the XBLA. One of the first ones I chose was I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1. This was because it’s came up first in the ‘Most Downloaded Category’ or indie games. Yes yes, perhaps I should ‘gone digging’ and looked for something more under appreciated. I will be sure to make up for my sins later. Anywho…
Buy this game. Here are a few reasons:
- It’s 1$
- It’s charming. It has a theme song. It pokes fun at itself.
- The game mechanic is fun and mesmerizing.
- It’s crazy, which is part of the fun of indies games, and that should be encouraged.
It’s also worth mentioning that within the last few months since the inception of the new XBL Experience, a plethora of purchasable content has arrived in the Avatar Marketplace. I really must say that while I am probably enough of a fan of Penny Arcade to buy this shirt, I couldn’t rightfully do so until I bought this game. Do both! Stimulate the economy! Here’s some things you could give up to save a buck for this game…
- Take that jar of pennies you keep around and take it to Coinstar
- Order a water with your meal at Applebees
- Go to a local coffee shop instead of Starbucks one day (this will save $2 sometimes)
And you’ve supported a cool indie game. Now go blow up some Z0MB1ES!!!1